Gulfcoast Eye Care is seeking a full-time Surgical Counselor who will educate patients regarding clinical procedures, discuss and sell enhanced elective services, and schedule surgeries. We are looking for employees who are motivated to help patients and strive for excellence in a collaborative caring team environment. Gulfcoast Eye Care provides superior diagnostics along with the most advanced technology in the Tampa Bay area by providing varies refractive procedures such as SMILE, ICL (Implantable Collamer Lenses) and offers life changing corrective multifocal advanced lenses.
Surgical Counselor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with potential patients starting with initial inquiries to secure a consultation all the way to educating them on vision solutions.
- Counsel patients to explain recommended procedures, schedule surgery while arranging financing, process payments and complete consent requirements.
- Input and manage CRM database entries, patient follow up programs, record and track conversion rates.
- Consistently hit sales goal standards and work to exceed key performance indicators.
Surgical Counselor Qualifications:
- Outstanding communication skills to:
- Effectively explain laser vision correction, help patients to realize their lifestyle goals, and guide them through a decision-making process.
- Understand patent needs to work effectively with doctor and clinic staff.
- Remain personable and empathetic with the patient’s needs and concerns.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time quickly, accurately, with high levels of attention to detail.
- Utilize established protocols with some flexibility while working independently and as a valued member of the team.
- Retail/sales experience helpful.
- 1 year experience in Ophthalmology setting preferred.
- Associates degree or equivalent.
Medical Front Office Receptionist:
Gulfcoast Eye Care is a growing, multi-specialty Ophthalmology practice in Pinellas County, FL seeking a full-time front office medical receptionist. Our practice culture and loyal team provide a fun and secure working atmosphere to continue providing excellent patient care on their journey to achieve better vision.
Medical Front Office Receptionist Responsibilities:
- Creating a positive patient experience: From the first phone call, to finding an appointment time to match their busy schedule, you make sure your patients have a positive experience.
- Streamlining documentation: Whether its insurance verifications, claim reviews or posting payments, you make sure the paperwork is as easy as possible.
- Patient Education: Each patients’ needs are different, and you thrive on helping them understand all of their options.
Medical Front Office Receptionist Qualifications
To keep our exceptional level of patient care, we found that our ideal candidate must have the following:
- Minimum Associates Degree required
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment while offering exceptional VIP customer service.
- 2+ years medical practice and insurance experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel locally occasionally
If you’re passionate about patient care and ready for a rewarding career in Tampa, apply now! We’re excited to learn more about you!
Gulfcoast Eye Care is seeking an Ophthalmic Technician to work alongside Optometrists and Ophthalmologists and help to change peoples’ lives by giving them the gift of sight. Working closely with our ophthalmologists, you will help provide excellence in all aspects of eyecare by using the latest technologies for all services including Glaucoma, Retina, Oculoplastic, Refractive, and General Ophthalmology.
Ophthalmic Technician Responsibilities:
- Building relationships with patients by asking about their symptoms and recording the information for the doctor and answering patients’ questions and encouraging healthy habits
- Performing preliminary exams and tests such as manual refraction, applantion tonometry, lensometry, and IOLMaster/Lenstar, Topography, OCT, Fundus Photo, Visual Field
- Supporting the ophthalmologist during eye surgeries and procedures while administering medications and topical treatments
- Examining test results and contributing to diagnostic discussions
- Writing, editing and filing patient medical records
Ophthalmic Technician Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude and outlook
- Reliable transportation
- Experience with Nextech or EMR equivalent
- Associate Degree or JCHAPO Certification preferred but not required